African Distillers (AFDIS) Limited Manufactures, distributes and markets branded spirits, ciders and wines for the Zimbabwe market and for export. The company was founded in April 1944 as “P J Joubert Limited” in Bulawayo, a wine import firm and then purchased a distillery in Mutare in 1946 and began manufacturing beverages in its own right. In 1994, AFDIS became a public quoted Company. In 1974, African Distillers moved its headquarters to Stapleford. It was estimated in 1989 that African Distillers produced about 3 million bottles of wine a year, three-quarters of the country’s total domestic wine industry. The company’s wine production is located at the Green Valley vineyards in Odzi. African Distillers offers its customers a first-class distribution service, with six depots located in strategic economic hubs in Zimbabwe (Bulawayo, Harare, Kwekwe, Masvingo, Mutare and Victoria Falls). Its headquarters, manufacturing plant, warehouse and distribution facilities are in Stapleford, an industrial area on the outskirts of Harare.
- To be the most dynamic and preferred manufacturer and marketer of a quality branded beverages for every occasion in Zimbabwe.
- To sustainably grow the profitability and value of our business by providing branded quality beverages for our consumers.
The company’s products include:
- Whisky: Gold Blend Whisky, Harrier Whisky, Three Ships (3 years and 5 years),
- Brandy: Chateau, Viceroy, Heritage,
- Gin : Gilberts Gin, Gilbeys Gin
- Rum : Admirals Rum
- Vodka: Nikolai Vodka, Smirnoff Vodka (1818), Smirnoff Triple Distilled
- Ouzo : Hellas Ouzo
- Sparkling Wines
- Fortified Wines
African Distillers Limited is listed on the Zimbabwe Stock Exchange
REF: African Distillers Limited Annual Report 2019