YMF is a Trust organization, registration number MA310/2010 established in the mining town of Zvishavane in 2010 to advance and upscale youths entrepreneurial participation in mining enterprise development. The Foundation envisions a society were young people are involved in their own development and that of their communities. Our strategic imperative, therefore, is to fulfil the Young Miners Dream which is to create a commonwealth of 21st Century Young Mineral Magnets as a stimulus to spark development in other productive enterprises.
From the humble beginnings, we have witnessed with awe the pleasurable experience of young people discovering their hidden potential and gaining confidence to embark on meaningful, sustainable, formal, profitable and environmentally friendly mining projects. Our membership base has increased immensely due to our well-polished value and service delivery. We are now decentralized into 10 Regional Chapters all over the country, owing to our culture of excellence and a results-oriented approach as enshrined in our values. A significant number of Young Miners have immensely benefited directly and indirectly from YMF Programs, Projects and communication platforms.
It remains our major priority therefore, to transform and develop 1000 Small Scale mining projects into ISO Certified state of the art Medium Scale mining enterprises, in the process creating at least 200 000 formal jobs by 2023.
YMF has leveraged its strength in the following key competencies:
- Young Miners Symposiums (Needs Assessment Programme),
- Grouping and organizing Young Miners into formal and registered mining syndicates to mine gold, chrome and other minerals in different mining districts all around the country.
- Assisting Young Miners to access mining investment, alternative financing, drilling equipment and consumables to bolster efficiency gains in their mining projects and spinoff services.
- Decentralized into 10 Regional Chapters managed by Regional Directors.
- YMF has acted as a premium conduit between the Government, quasi-Government departments, Private sector, Individuals, Key
- The Foundation envisions a society where young people are involved in their own development and that of their communities.
- To assist, represent, coordinate and/or network Zimbabwean youths in mining.
- To establish an interactive youth network in mining and exploration ventures in Zimbabwe.
- To advance youth empowerment and entrepreneurial interests through geological exploration and mining.
- To create among the indigenous youths, a spirit of popular participation and cooperation in taping the natural resources in their communities.
- To promote and nurture scientific and technological innovations by the youths involved in mining projects.
- To establish a youth empowerment agenda by advocating for ownership and control of the means of production by the indigenous youths in Zimbabwe
- To negotiate with various central government ministries and/or departments for the creation of an enabling environment for emerging miners.
- To provide advice and resource material for youths intending to start self-help mining ventures, whether at small scale, medium scale or large scale.
- To engage government and other relevant stakeholders where possible to source and secure
Mining equipment and machinery for the purpose of advancing the empowerment objectives of the Foundation.
- To promote and carryout capacity building workshops on environmental awareness and engaging the mining communities on land reclamation and rehabilitation.
- To engage in rural development through creation of employment and ploughing back to the host communities through infrastructure development.
- To identify potential donors of funds and/or services to facilitate and create infrastructure for the allocation and disbursement of such funds to the advantage of the membership.
- To raise funds for the purpose of the Foundation and accept grants and donations (whether moveable or immovable assets), legacies, bequests and property belonging to the Foundation.
YMF Public Relations Officer can be contacted on +263 782 497 617